Friday, November 9, 2007

Go Ahead, Make My Day

On Wednesday, my kind wife made me a lunch to take to work. I ran off, forgetting she had done so. That same morning, she had a doctor appointment across the street from my office, so she brought the lunch to me after the appointment.

Julene called me and had me meet her outside my office in the parking lot. When I went out to get the lunch, she opened the door by Angelina, so I talked and played with Angelina for a minute, and then we said goodbye.

A few minutes later, Julene called me on my cell phone and told me that as they were pulling away, Angelina said, "Mommy, I love daddy." Julene asked, "You love daddy?" and she replied, "Yeah. I love him."

That made my day.

2 comments:

Marleen said...

Aww! How precious. I love those moments. They make the hard ones worth it.

Darleen said...

That's so sweet! And very special for a daddy. Seth loves to hear his kids call his name or tell them they love him. It's always mommy, mommy, mommy....