Undaunted, a search of Craigslist yielded tickets on the 50-yard-line. I called, and the seller only wanted less than face value for the tickets. But first, he wanted to make sure that we would support BYU. I confirmed my credentials and he consented to selling the tickets to me.
Josh and I left very early for Sam Boyd Stadium. We arrived and sought out our seller. It turns out that he is also an attorney and he recognized me from knowing a friend of mine. He was actually tailgating with two attorneys who used to be at my firm and one who still works there.
Josh and I tailgated, eating some good food (beef brisket and corn on the cob) at the BYU alumni party, chatting with the cheerleaders (they thought Josh is cute) and listening to an awful band that
I had a great time taking Josh to the game, as I could see that he was really enjoying the sights and sounds. It was his first live college football game. The next day, he kept walking around the house chanting B-Y-U! I guess this is how we create the next generation of fans.
2 comments:
What a small world! Good to hear the tickets were legit. It looks like Josh had fun. Grandma Waite (my dad's mom) used to have season passes to BYU games. She always had the BEST seats, and whenever we were in town during the season we would get to go. It's definitely a fond memory.
Good job, Brad! Keep the fans committed to this good cause!
Post a Comment