Thursday, October 18, 2007

Inspiration

It seems that a lot of things have been working on me to inspire and motivate me to create this blog. First, in the past few weeks I have been emailing family members regarding Josh's historic run for the presidency of his school. It occurred to me several times that I should just create a blog.

Second, in going through some receipts from 2006, I noticed where and how we had spent money, and it started bringing back memories. Joshua's birthday/Christmas bicycle, dinner with Julene from Nora's Cuisine for Valentine's Day, vacation in Mission Beach, all of which are fond memories. I knew that I had to start keeping a record that is better than just the pictures I take.

Third, we had a church lesson about family histories. In the past few months, I have actually been trying to apply the lessons learned at church to my life, instead of the usual in one ear, out the other. I have reached a point in my life, regarding a number of things, where I feel like "If not now, when?" I watch my 10-year-old write in his journal every night and think, "Why don't I make the time to keep a history of my family." I mean, really, I should be able to do it if my 10-year-old son can develop the discipline to write in his journal daily.

The final straw was seeing the blogs of one of my college roommates and my sister-in-law, Darleen. I realized that it is doable, even though my life can seem to be too busy at times. I know it will be difficult, even though I honestly believe it will be worth it.

2 comments:

Darleen said...

Brad--once you start it becomes an addiction (a good addiction). Also the good thing about blogging is that you can get it printed in a book (I'll have to find the company for you). I'm so happy for Josh--awesome that he is the president at his school.

Carolyn said...

www.blurb.com

They will print in book form for you.

Congrats to Joshua! He is a great person. I've always been impressed him. You two have taught him well.