Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"I Can't!"

"I can't!" was what we heard every time Angelina got on her bike. "I can't ride my bike. It is too hard!" Julene kept reminding Angelina that if she practiced a little bit everyday that she would be able to ride her bike on the first day of school. Every night before going to bed, Angelina would practice. She would continue saying "I can't!" Until one night she rode her bike by herself without Julene helping her. Angelina was surprised! "I CAN ride my bike!" Angelina announced. She finally realized she was able to do a hard thing.
Nora's, Angelina's cousin, kindergarten teacher adopted the phrase "We can do hard things." After the teacher would give out directions she would ask "Will it be hard? The class would say, "Yes." Then she would say "But we can do hard things!"
I love this phrase! We can do hard things and Angelina finally learned this important lesson.

Benjamin is now tall enough to ride his Buzz Lightyear bike. He has been riding around the neighborhood with Angelina.

No comments: