Sunday, September 14, 2008

Baby with Attitude

Recently, Benjamin has been kind of crazy. He has this little attitude, and he knows it. He will do something totally unexpected, and then look at you with a smile. It is like he knows that he is being funny.

On Saturday, Julene went to get her hair done, so I had several hours alone with Benjamin. He got hungry, so I put him in the highchair and started feeding him. When he had enough, without any warning, he attacked the spoon with his hands, causing the food to go all over the place. In part, that is how he ended up with the messy face, above.

I decided to give him some Cheerios to finish his dinner. He really likes to chew on them, and it seems to keep him occupied. Plus, they are not as messy as mashed baby food. No sooner did he get into the Cheerios than he started doing a little trick with them, part of which I was able to catch on video, posted below.



Also, while Julene was gone, I had to replace the batteries on a digital wall clock. I kept repeating the word "clock" to Benjamin while I had the clock down off the wall. He would repeat back a "cl" sound. He is actually quite good at imitating sounds that he hears. Anyway, while I was saying the word, all of a sudden he said "clock."

When Julene returned home, she really didn't believe me when I told her about Benjamin saying "clock." Later, as she was getting him ready for bed, I got Benjamin to say "clock" again, and make a believer out of his mommy.

On Sunday, I had more time with Benjamin, and I was playing with him using a dog puppet. I kept repeating the word "doggy," and sure enough, he said it. I was also able to have him recite the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. Okay, I'm stretching a bit.

1 comment:

Marleen said...

He is growing up so fast. Such a cute video.