Note: This is a sequel to the “SuperAaron” story about my little brother, Aaron. We all enjoyed the first one by his wife, Carolyn, found on her blog. I felt that I needed to write yet my own chapter.
Joseph came home from school two weeks ago with pink eye. It was such a mild case that it went away in two days. I completely forgot about it until I woke up a few days later with pink eye. I thought that it would go away in about two or three days, just like Joseph. However, two days later, my eye was so swollen that I could only open it half-way, and it had started to discharge yellow goop. I went to the first hour of church and decided to go home. Monday came around and my eye seemed to be getting worse. I spoke to my mom and she said, “Call Aaron.”
I had forgotten that Aaron is a doctor, specializing in ophthalmology. I called him and he said, “It sounds like an eye infection. Give your family doctor a call.” I already had a doctor’s appointment scheduled for the next day, and when I saw my doctor, he said it could be bacterial or viral conjunctivitis, and he prescribed me eye drops.
I went home so excited because I thought my problem was minor and would heal quickly. I started the drops right away, but as the days passed, my eye worsened. My friends said that I looked like Quasimoto and my kids said I reminded them of Mad-Eye Moody!
Joshua said that he was praying for me so that my eye would be better for the Fifth Grade graduation ceremony. He finally said, “I think you need a blessing.” I called Aaron in a panic. I told him my symptoms and he said I needed to be seen by an ophthalmologist. I told him that my insurance required a referral from the primary care provider and that it would be a week before I can see a specialist. He said, “Hold on. Let me get my cape and I’ll call you right back!” (Okay, I'm embellishing just a little.)

SuperAaron came to the rescue!!
SuperAaron called back and said, “My friend will see you today. She is an ophthalmologist and will take good care of you.” In minutes, I had an appointment set and I saw her that same day. The doctor gave me different types of drops to clear up my infection. My eye quickly started improving and after about a week, the infection was gone. I was so grateful that Aaron had connections here in
5 comments:
That was really funny mommy and daddy!
Yeah!!! That is so great! I started reading and didn't realize the music until I was a third of the way into it! Then I really started laughing!!! I'm so glad I'm married to a super hero!
Thanks Julene for your nice post, and I'm glad your eyes no longer look like Mad-Eye Moody!
Who's this Aaron guy? He's seems nice.
Your post seems a little over the top. Didn't he used to eat ketchup and cheese as a kid and rock himself to sleep? I hear he was such a spaz that his Dad had to invent the "Aaron drill" where he had to stand in the corner motionless for 5 minutes.
In any case it sounds like he loves his sister.
I wanted to give a lot of the credit to Brad in helping me set up my first post. He is amazing with the computer!
Thanks Aaron for your comment. I love you too!
Too great! I love it. He is SUPER cool hero and I'm glad he's my brother.
Post a Comment