My name is Allyse Ballard and I was born on April 15, 1999, in
My parents are Brad and Julene Ballard. My father is a Clark County Deputy District Attorney and General Counsel for
I am the second oldest of five children in my family. I have an older brother named Joshua and he is almost twelve years old. Last year, Joshua was Student Body President of his elementary school. He is very smart, he likes to read and he really loves Harry Potter. Joshua is a good brother and he helps me when I am sick.
I have a younger brother named Joseph who is seven years old. Joseph is diabetic and I pray every day that doctors can find a cure for diabetes. Joseph is very good student, and he is courageous and brave.
My younger sister’s name is Angelina, and she is three years old. Angelina has long, beautiful light brown hair and pudgy cheeks. She is very girly and loves to wear anything pink. Angelina is my best friend. She loves to play with me and wants to be just like me.
Benjamin is the baby of the family. He is only nine months old. He has light brown hair and a beautiful smile. Benjamin is usually very happy. I love to hold him and take care of him, and I adore him.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was baptized when I was eight years old. I go to church every Sunday and I read the scriptures almost daily.
When I am not doing work, I either play with my brothers or sister, or I watch television. In our family, the older children are required to help around the house. I help with laundry, sweeping the kitchen floor, babysitting Benjamin, and cleaning the house. I really don’t like house work that much, but I do like watching after Benjamin.
I really like going to school. I like writing, mathematics, science, humanities, P.E., making projects, eating hot lunch and playing at recess with my friends.
I am learning to play the piano. My grandmother has been teaching me to play for two years. I play in piano recitals two times each year.
2 comments:
Allyse, you are amazing. I think you should be writer. I'm taking a writing class and I think you would love it!
Dear Allyse,
I was delighted to read your life story! You write very clearly so that we can understand what you want to say. I enjoyed reading about your family, because our family helps make us who we are.
I thought it was very special that you mentioned that you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We can bless other people's lives with our knowing that we are a child of God. When we know that we are a child of God, we can help others know that they too are a child of God and that God loves His children.
Did you know that your ability to write so beautifully is one of the gifts that Heavenly Father has blessed you with?! Probably before you were born and lived in Heaven, you enjoyed writing and drawing. You may have even recorded some of the special lessons that our Heavenly Mother taught us.
I am so grateful that I have the privilege of being one of your Grandmothers. It is an honor to have grandchildren that are wanting to choose the right and share their love with others! I am so thankful that you, Joshua, Joseph, Angelina, and little Benjamin live close to me and Grandpa so that we can spend time together and have beautiful memories; memories will last FOREVER!
Love,
Grandmother Kathleen
Post a Comment