Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's Genetic


On Saturday, Julene was in charge of a Primary activity. In preparation, she made small placards by printing some statements (e.g., "I am a child of God") and mounting them on different colors of construction paper. The placards were a primitive PowerPoint presentation for Primary. After the activity, Julene did what comes natural to her: she threw the placards in the garbage.

On Sunday morning, I noticed Allyse rummaging through the garbage. As I got closer, I realized that Allyse was rescuing the placards from the garbage. I asked her what she planned to do with the placards, and she cheerfully said, "I don't know." I then realized that although she didn't know why she was saving her mother's refuse, Allyse was doing what comes naturally to her.

2 comments:

Marleen said...

I know she will find something creative and wonderful to do with them. She is amazing when it comes to crafts and projects. She is so gifted.

Frank, Morgan, Rainier said...

Hey it's great to have an easier way to keep up with the family. Good idea you guys!! Your kids are so beautiful and BIG now. The pictures of Benjamin on his tummy look so much like Clif when he was that age, they made me tear up. I think it's the dark eyes, they're such a contrast with all the blue ones... Honestly though everything makes me cry now.